-->

Friday, December 20, 2013

Moto sequins and side-swept do

Earrings: (old) | Jacket: Express | Necklace: Express | Dress: Express (similar) | Tights: Target (option) | Boots: Vince Camuto (similar but limited sizes here)

My week off is so close I can smell it! Just one more work day to endure, but for the most part, all my big deadlines have been met for the year, so it's just a little bit of blocking and tackling until the new year! I managed to pull out another sequined piece today! What's really, really sad is that one of the very first posts I wrote about was my obsession with Express' striped dresses - see here. At the very end of the post, I mention this exact sequin dress and that it had not been worn yet. That was almost a year ago, and admittedly, today was the first time I've worn it. Yes, I know. I'm a new clothes hoarder. And I guess this is the week where I'm removing those price tags since I took my other dress out on its maiden voyage yesterday. To be honest, the reason why I hadn't worn this one is because I remembered it being a little more snug than the regular dresses fit me. I know I've gained weight over the year, so I truly expected to look like a sausage in this today, especially wearing tights. But much to my relief delight, it fit just fine. So maybe I was crazy back then, or extra bloated when I originally tried it on? I dunno. But this dress is just as awesome as all the others. After wearing heels all week, I was looking forward to cozy-ing up in flat riding boots today.

OK, so now my hair! If you saw my Instagram photo, you saw that I was experimenting with this side-swept do. I've always loved this look and have tried to re-create it on my own, but it's always fallen apart. Well, Katie over at Style Diary recently styled her hair like this and included a link to this video. So easy!



I need to work on concealing the bobby pins a little bit better - looking at the back of my head in the mirror, I could not see them at all, but I can see them in this pic. I suspect it will get even easier over time, but even just as it is today, I just love it! I also tried dry shampoo for the first time EVER today. This one here to be exact. It felt great, but the true test will be when I leave my hair down for second day hair. We shall see! Do you have a favorite dry shampoo?

Hope today is your last day, too, before a few days off!

Follow on Bloglovin

Linking up with Vicki, Christina, Lauren, Sherry, Allison

32 comments :

  1. You hair looks amazing! We're both rockin' Express leather jackets today... great minds think alike! Enjoy your week off!!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Darcy! I have a teeny amount of real work to do this weekend then 7 days of non-working bliss. Ahhhh

      Delete
  2. Hi Carylee, I love you new side swept hairdo! It looks really laid back but put together. You make me think about my sequin skirt which I think I should wear soon for the festive season.
    Visiting from the linkup. It would be lovely if you could drop by my blog. I am having an OOTD countdown to Christmas.

    Cheers & see you around,
    Everest
    www.everestsays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying to wear sequins or glitter all week in honor of the holidays! Your sequin skirt would love to come out for an appearance! :)

      Delete
  3. You held on to it for a year without wearing! You must have a large wardrobe. ;-) Nice look and have a great week off!

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! It was one of those- I will get skinnier first - kind of things. When I saw it fit perfect, I kicked myself for not trying it sooner! Oh well!

      Thank you so much!

      Delete
  4. Your hair looks super pretty, love your jacket too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ginny! I was so happy with how it turned out, and I think every girl needs this jacket!

      Delete
  5. Loving the side-swept do, but it definitely does not look easy to the hair-challenged. Super glamorous, though! And congrats on two maiden voyages in one week! Is there champagne involved in that?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, it's champagne *always* involved in anything? haha!
      And seriously, this do is easy!! I'm not a hair expert - you read my blog! I have like 3 hairstyles! This one is great!!

      Delete
  6. Your hair looks amazing! Love that jacket, fabulous look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's hard not to wear this jacket every single day - it's perfect!
      And now that I know I can do my hair like this, it will also be hard not to style it like this everyday!

      Delete
  7. Love the hair! I agree, it is kinda hard to conceal the bobby pins :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the umpteenth time for being my inspiration!

      Delete
  8. I use that dry shampoo! I like it, but I'm not in love with the smell and I personally cannot leave my hair down after I use it because it gets tangled so easily...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting and good to know! Do you spray it all over or just at the roots?

      Delete
  9. Ok, your hair is seriously gorgeous! Love the hairdo! Love how you stylishly bundled up for the cold weather! You paired this dress with great winter accessories!

    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sophia! I love putting my hair in a low side pony. I love that this style is a looser version of that!

      Delete
  10. Wow great post.I love your pics.
    Love your hair and the side swept style suits you.
    Follow each other?? GFC and Bloglovin.
    Do follow and i'll will follow you right back! ^_^
    http://icynosure.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's hard for me not to style this everyday - it's just so easy and I love the result!

      Delete
  11. How do you like the dry shampoo, and does the spray come out white? I am using Batiste Dark dry shampoo b/c it sprays on dark, but am interested in this product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only used it just this one time, so I feel like I can't give it a proper review yet! But, I didn't notice it coming out white at all. I'll have to pay more attention next time!

      Delete
  12. Amazing dress <3 I don't use dry shampoo, but after your post maybe I try someday :)
    Merry Xmas <3

    crafty-zone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely give it a try again when my hair is down. If you try it - let me know which one you use, and how it turns out!

      Delete
  13. Your photos in the snow look so beautiful. Such a stylish outfit and the dress is pretty amazing. I love your hairstyle, it is gorgeous and turned out so well. Dry shampoo is my best friend! I don't know what I'd do without it. The best one, in my opinion, is Batiste. Thank you so much for your recent comment on my blog. It meant the world to me. Thanks for being my friend and for understanding. Enjoy your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to try Batiste - thank you for the tip!
      And my pleasure, lady. Have a great holiday!!

      Delete
  14. Such a cute outfit. I love your hair like that. I'm going to have to try it out!
    http://www.fashboulevard.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please report back if you try it! Would love to see how it turns out!
      And thank you!

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Thank you! It felt so good to slip on flat boots that day!

      Delete
  16. You look stunning-I adore your soft leather jacket. It's all about the biker this season and next and I'm going to treat myself to another! Thanks for linking up to #fashionfriday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and you totally should! Can't get enough moto looks in my opinion!

      Delete