-->

Thursday, November 14, 2013

First date


Sunnies: Oakley | Jacket: Kenna-T (option) | Top: Express | Scarf: Express | Leggings: Express | Boots: Naturalizer (similar)

This will be the first time I modeled an outfit *before* actually wearing it. I'm in Atlanta as we speak. I am here for a quick overnight trip, and knew I would not really be in a position to take outfit photos, so I went ahead and took these as I was packing. Yeah, I'm dorky like that. I had to work in the day and was meeting a friend for dinner. But it's not just any friend, it's a friend that I've had for, oh, about 7 years now, but we have never met in person before. Some may describe it as a pen pal relationship - I mean, isn't that what online relationships are? We met through a shopping forum, became Facebook friends, text friends, and in all honesty, I do consider her a real life friend! So what does one wear to meet a friend they've had for years but never met face to face before - a fellow shopping guru, nonetheless?! Something that is packable. Fun but not overly stated. So, here you go. And as I promised, here's the outfit sans jacket.


So, what did we do? It was basically the best first date ever. It started off with a little Annie Griffin warehouse shopping. There were so many great pieces with serious markdowns. I ended up with a lace panel dress and a print top.

Annie Griffin - Dress: "Lisa" | Top: "Allison"

Next was dinner. We are both from Texas, and naturally Mexican food addicts. I wouldn't necessarily consider myself to be a Mexican food snob by any means, but I do certainly think some is better than others. We went to a place called Taqueria Del Sol - which apparently have locations in about 4 or so other states, but I had never eaten it nor heard of it until today. I ordered one carnitas taco, one brisket taco, and a side of rice. Everything was seriously amazing, and as I type this, I'm wishing I had leftovers.

  
Taqueria Del Sol: Photo Source here

We walked off our dinner a bit and browsed in a couple of stores. Call me crazy, but I really wanted this striped quilted vest from J Crew. I resisted - didn't even bother to try it on, because I could not spend that much money on a vest - something that I know won't get a ton of use in my wardrobe. But I shall stalk it in case it ever goes on crazy sale.

 One scoop salty caramel, one scoop black coffee - from Jeni's

And last but not least - we had ice cream from Jeni's. It was pretty freaking delicious. Creamy like custard, just the perfect amount of sweetness, and my combo of salty caramel plus black coffee was basically heaven. It's great being able to try amazing food while I travel, just sucks when I crave it but can't have it at home!

I told you it was a good first date! Oh, and if you'd like to "meet" my friend, Kate, she blogs over at What Kate Likes - so go check her out!!

Follow on Bloglovin

Linking up with AllisonChristina, Lauren (Style Elixir), 
Bethany and Meghan for Three-fer Thursday
Tara for What I Wore to Work
Erin for Working Girl with Style
Elle and Jacqueline for Spotlight Weekly
Agi for Tres Chic Fashion Thursday
Sherry for Fashion Informant

14 comments :

  1. Mmmm...salty caramel + coffee ice cream sounds like a match made in heaven. So jealous that you got to meet a blog friend- sounds like you two had a great time. Love how you styled your new leggings, too!

    On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of these days you're just going to have to bite the bullet and meet me already! ;) And I can't lie - the ice cream was amazing!!!
      And so are the leggings! I have some other Express pants that I should send you on a mission for style inspirations!

      Delete
  2. SO happy this finally happened!!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME ALSO!! It was pretty great - can't wait for our next one!

      Delete
  3. Stopping by from Fab Friday's Link-up! Love this top! It's perfect for a "First date" :) Now I'm also starving and need some salted caramel ice cream...

    <3 Vicki
    wildeinthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Sorry about that! I only just recently got turned on to salted caramel! Now it makes me salivate!
      Thank you for stopping by! I would love to see you at the Holiday Style Linkup starting in a couple of weeks!!
      http://morepom.blogspot.com/2013/11/coming-soon-holiday-style-link-up-party.html

      Delete
  4. I also have a lot of blogger friends that I only talk to them online, it would be interesting to meet face to face like you and your friend did ;) I really like your outfit, I do not know why but you always look so cute

    http://o-fata-simpla.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww - thank you so very much!!
      It's funny how you build up this image of people in your head and that image may or may not be how they truly are in real life. It's like you see their face but the voice doesn't match what's familiar in your head! This meet up went pretty much exactly as I had pictured - although I expected her to have a little southern accent, which she did not :)

      Delete
  5. Such a cute look, love the pop of leopard! Thanks for sharing with Three-fer Thursday!

    xo Bethany
    www.perfectlycoutured.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great outfit! I am loving the pop of pink. You look great!

    -Toni
    tonieveryday.com

    ReplyDelete