-->

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Feeling lazy




Jacket: Express | Scarf: Express | Dress: Express (option) (similar in another color here) | Earrings: Express | Tights: Target (similar) | Boots: Frye (in Bordeaux)

Welp, the  Cardinals got butchered in game 1 last night. It was painful. And it was all our fault. Three big errors cost us 5 runs in the first couple of innings, and it was all downhill from there. Needless to say, I drank and emotionally ate. A lot. I wasn't hungover or anything like that this morning, just tired and not feeling inspired. I stayed up kind of late watching the last few innings of Game 6 from the 2011 World Series. Kind of like how a lamenting divorced woman would watch her old wedding video heartbroken that her world was over. Yes, baseball is that serious.

You can always tell when I'm feeling lazy because I throw on one of my striped Express dresses and call it a day. It's pretty nifty in the colder months because I can layer stuff on to make it look like I legit planned the outfit. But don't let me fool you. I got ready in a half hour this morning. Skills!

Follow on Bloglovin

Linking up with Amy and Amber, Christina, Lauren, and Sherry.

14 comments :

  1. you could have fooled me! this outfit looks so put together! maybe that's the magic of great pieces??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think it's the magic of the pieces! Layering a bunch of basics can equal a simple but awesome outfit!

      Delete
  2. This is a great outfit!! I just created a style board that is similar and thought I have to find a stripe dress. You put this outfit together perfectly....love it all! Thanks for sharing on the Fashion Informant:)
    xo~Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - thank you! And I hope you find your perfect striped dress! Can't wait to see you style it!

      Delete
  3. This is a lazy outfit? Ha ha ha ha!!! I'm so glad you can't see me right now.:) Your look is impeccable. :) I think I saw that scarf in store today...hopefully it will be online soon. It's a great color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww - well thank you! But the dress is really just a big tee shirt! Glad to know I'm incognito lazy!

      Delete
  4. You boots are so great, the redish color is perfect for fall and a fun twist!
    xo, Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These boots were my splurge for the season. They're such an awesome color and it was so hard to find the perfect pair! I finally caved and I'm glad I did! Thanks for the note!

      Delete
  5. Stopping by from Fab Fridays Linkup! This doesn't look lazy, you look so put together! Love this look, especially those boots. They're a great color!

    <3 Vicki
    wildeinthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very sweet - thank you so much! And I must agree - the color of these boots is perfection.

      Delete
  6. Love that scarf with the black and white striped dress. This such a well put-together outfit :) Have a great rest of your weekend, pretty!

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.stephanieziajka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pop of color that your boots and scarf add to this outfit, Carylee! Perfect fall layers!

    http://www.avecamber.blogspot.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/avecamber

    I hope you have a great week!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black/white/wine is so easy, which is half the reason why I love it! Thank you for the note!

      Delete