-->

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Shoes for a navy dress






Old Navy sunnies
Francesca's necklace
JCrew Factory dress (in peach in limited sizes, option)
Cara bracelet (option)
YSL Tribute sandals

I was excited to wear this dress! It's a fairly recent purchase, and this was SIL's baby shower, so it was the perfect occasion to wear it. The only problem is, I always struggle with what shoes to wear with navy dresses. I thought about doing nude - that's always a pretty standard option, but I was feeling like I wanted something a little more fun. I thought about yellow, or hot pink, or even neon, but I thought either of those options would be a bit too too much with all the embroidery going on in this dress. I scanned my collection, and stopped at these sandals. A little bit of the color pop I wanted, plus some neutrals (black, brown, white, beige), all on top of a beautiful navy platform. YES.

This dress is great. I really love that the embroidery details wrap to the backside of the dress. The shape is really great for my square body, and the bonus is that it has pockets! Great summer dress.

Hope you're having a happy Sunday and that you are hugging all the fathers in your lives tight today! I'll leave you with my favorite pic of me and my dad. He not only walked me down the aisle, he married me, too! Pretty cool to be able to say that.


Follow on Bloglovin

Linking up with Jenny for Sunday Style and 
Bethany and Meghan for Three-fer Thursday.

12 comments :

  1. Very pretty combination and I love that necklace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I got the necklace awhile ago and was pleased to still see it on the website. It's awesome!

      Delete
  2. The shoes go PERFECTLY with your dress!! Your outfit is so pretty - you look gorgeous. =)
    ~Callie
    www.creationsbycallie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I appreciate the comment!
      -Carylee

      Delete
  3. Love the dress and great shoe choice:) I actually had the same struggle today with a navy dress I have lol but you did a better job:)

    http://asequinloveaffair.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, but I'm sure your shoe choice was a good one!
      I love navy a lot but gosh sometimes it can be difficult!
      -Carylee

      Delete
  4. You look gorgeous and that dress is so pretty! I always struggle with what shoes to wear with navy too and usually always end up wearing nude ones. I love that you added a fun little pop of color with yours! Thanks for linking up with us :)
    xo Bethany
    www.perfectlycoutured.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet comment and thanks for hosting!

      Delete
  5. This dress is adorable on you. Love it with the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was such an unexpected combo but I was so excited when I realized they worked together!

      Delete
  6. How beautiful is that embroidery!! Come over to my blog and join the Trend Spin linkup...this weeks trend is FLORAL, so your outfit would be perfect. Hope to see you there :)

    xoxo
    Erin
    The Fashion Canvas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I love the embroidery so much! And I shall check out the link up!

      Delete