-->

Saturday, May 4, 2013

My neon obsession

I've talked about neon before. I feel like I can't stop talking about it. First, it was neon and olive. Then it was those Prabal Gurung for Target heels, which led to bright stripes. Well, guess what? I'm still not done talking about it. I've had a bit of a neon yellow shopping week.




American Eagle neon hoodie
J Crew sequin tank (similar)
Express necklace (option) and bracelet
Target watch
American Eagle distressed jeans
Report "Marks" booties (option)

It has been raining for basically the entire week, and I was so not feeling it this morning. I pushed the limits on casual Friday, but I wasn't really caring. I added some bling with my sequins to dress it up a little, and I turned to my old faithful Report booties. I was sure to switch to my rainboots though for outside.


Gosh I love those boots... But ok, back to the outfit and my current neon obsession. I bought this hoodie last weekend when I was in Lexington. I felt like I was drawn to everything that was highlighter yellow on that shopping trip. I ended up buying this neon top also.

Clockwise from top left: 
 With leggings, denim jacket, pink purse (source)
Accessorized for an evening look (source
With sequins (source)
American Eagle chiffon neon top 

And then there are these heels. *shakes angry fists at Kate Spade* I had been doing so well resisting them. But they kept appearing. Everywhere. In blogs. In stores. On Pinterest. They seriously stalked me. I finally reached my breaking point and decided to pull the trigger. The good thing is, after my Nordstrom notes and a return, I ended up paying less than a third of the retail price, so I'd say they're worth the wait. I cannot freaking wait to rock these!!

Clockwise from top left:
With charcoal and animal print (source)
With boyfriend jeans, sweatshirt, matching top, and pink clutch (source)
Kate Spade "Licorice Too" pump

So, there you have it. Another gluttony session. I have no idea what's gotten into me lately. I am very surprised I'm even attracted to neon right now, much less obsessed. I can't promise I won't bring this up again, but I do thank you for letting me indulge in my ridiculousness. Carry on!

Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments :

  1. That yellow cardigan looks great on you! Skinny jeans and ankle boots are my favorite. Hope the rain ends soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! No rain right now, but no sun either! I guess I'm happy it's at least dry!

      Delete
  2. I love highlighter yellow too! Those heels are gorgeous and I'm totally wanting a pair too...:)

    Avec Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would support your decision to get these heels :)

      Delete
  3. I'm totally jealous you can pull neon yellow off because I'm sure I would look so desperately ill in it.

    Also you're totally set if anyone has a rave ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Good point! I could also sell concessions at a baseball game! :)

      Delete
  4. i am with ya, I LOVE the neon trend! its quite fun! love the yellow heels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have caught the neon bug in a bad way! It's fab!

      Delete