-->

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Closet room project: Part 2 - Finished!

OK, so if you saw my post from earlier in the week, you read that I had a little mini project in my closet room. Well, I am happy to report that this project is now complete! You can see the original photos of my closet room here.

The mission of this mini reno was to:
1. Replace the rug
2. Replace the shoes shelves
3. Switch out all the hangers to the slimline, velvet type

I decided to turn my chair to face my shoes, for obvious reasons.

I'm still crazy amazed with this rug. So cheap for the quality, free shipping, and simply perfect. I had to shift things around a little to make more room for the shoe shelves. I had a luggage rack by my armoire that held a bin of purses, which I ended up moving to my closet room closet so that I could place the dress form in its place.

Here you can see how I switched all my plastic hangers to the velvet kind. Looking back, I wish I had chosen black hangers instead. The first batch of hangers I bought for my dresses and pants. I ordered them through the Container Store, which was great, but they were pretty pricey at almost $1 per hanger. I ended up finding them for half the price at places like Ross and Marshall's. The problem though is that they are all random brands, which means random shades of beige. You can see the difference in this photo. Had I picked black instead, you'd never notice they were mismatched brands. I was 3/4 through with the room before I reached this epiphany. Oh well! Still good as is.


I love how well the color coordinating reads with my pants!


So, before I had these purses and wrislets/clutches in their boxes set on top of my tallest shoe "tower." This new tower I bought is significantly taller than the one I had before, so it wasn't really conducive to setting too much stuff on top of it. Now that I had extra wall space, I decided to buy shelves, one with hooks so that I could hang my small evening type bags. Then, I used the shelf itself to showcase my prized bag possessions.


I was able to meet Clinton Kelly in person, so it only felt  appropriate that his autograph be set on top of my shoe tower.


OK, so the shelves are the "Billy" shelves from Ikea in black-brown (half height bookcasetall bookcaseglass doors.)

Ahhh. I can't stop looking at this, it's so beautiful. I really really wish that I had enough shelving space to eliminate all of my boxes, but alas, I can deal with it. There were only 3-5 dressy, high heel type shoes that I was not able to fit in the cabinets. The rest are flats or flat sandals. Not that I love them any less! I hated choosing which shoes would be openly displayed! I am an equal opportunity shoe wearer!

Follow on Bloglovin

14 comments :

  1. ................................................ I have no words for this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I have walked into this room this weekend, I just let out a sigh of pure delight! I just love it!

      Delete
  2. Wow, your closet room looks amazing! This would totally be my happy place. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Amazing what some added organization can do! Love being able to see the shoes out of their boxes now.

      Delete
  3. I just showed your closet to my husband. I told him our next house I want a closet like yours. I dont understand his eye roll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! See, I was able to win this battle because I agreed to a 3-car garage. It's all about compromise! ;)

      Delete
  4. wow! this is totally awesome! how long did it take to complete this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good question! It happened in pieces. The shoe cabinets alone took about two days to assemble and arrange the shoes. It was also another two nights or so switching out all the hangers to the slimline velvet. And then the initial set up of the clothing shelves took another couple days. So maybe all in all 1 week's worth of time? I've kind of been adding as I go!

      Delete
  5. It is a work of beauty though. I am awestruck and as I said in my other post feeling so much less guilty about all my stuff LOL.
    We probably would run a close race though you and I, it's just mine are not on pretty shelves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy I was able to find the shelves! It definitely helps me wear my shoes since I can readily see what I have! I do love it a lot!
      Thanks for reading about it!

      Delete
  6. Ho-ly cow, you have a whole room... It's like your own little store! Wow! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great size for a closet room actually because it's narrower than a standard bedroom :) I'm definitely a lucky girl, I really love this room! Thanks for checking it out!

      Delete
  7. Carylee, I am just seeing this and am amazed by all this beauty, especially with all the shoes (not surprised at all) and all those pairs of pants all hung by colors, too. This makes me more excited for when you give us a closet tour and a detailed shoe tour, too. LOL Still hoping that happens, anyway.

    Pinning and more pinning, girl. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My shoe video ended up just being a compilation of my shoes with photos I already had! I've thought about doing a video tour of the closet room - maybe that will still happen! Though the pictures are pretty self explanatory, but I know an actual video gives you a better feel for scale and approach! Glad you liked it!

      Delete